MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
11/11 – No School – Veterans Day
11/14 – 11:45am dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conferences
11/16 – Family Fun Day at the YCS Book Fair! – 11am-3pm (Details below)
11/18 – Pre-K ONLY – No School
11/18-22 – Students shop at Book Fair – schedule will be sent home in backpacks
11/20 – General PTA Meeting – 8:45am – All Are Welcome!
11/22 – Family Friday for Grades K-2 – 8:45am
YCS Scholastic Book Fair and Family Fun Day!
Family Fun Day – Free Event – Saturday, November 16th 11am-3pm
Come to the book fair for holiday shopping, Thanksgiving crafts and enjoying hot cocoa.
Student shopping days – November 18th – 22nd
We are excited that our Annual Book Fair has moved to November! This change is great for many reasons:
- Allows us to fill our teacher’s book wish lists and add to their classroom libraries early in the school year.
- Shop for the holidays shopping while raising money for our amazing school programs.
Scholastic helps fund our school in 2 ways:
- 25% of all purchases during the book fair (in-school and online) are returned to the PTA in cash.
- We also receive “Scholastic Dollars.” With these dollars we can shop the Scholastic catalog. This year we purchased $1500 in books for our library.
Ways to shop: eWallet, Cash, Credit Card, Online
eWallet – Using the online “eWallet” is the easiest way for your child to shop the fair. Click-on or copy the link below to set-up your eWallet
Cash – place in an envelope with the teacher’s name and class number.
Credit Cards are accepted during the Family Event on Saturday, November 16th.
Online – November 10th – November 23rd, Enjoy extended hours and more titles!
YCS Book Fair Homepage – https://www.scholastic.com/bf/yorkvillecommunityschoolps151
**Classes are also collecting for a small fund so that each child leaves with a book. Please consider sending a small cash donation to your teacher. If you have any questions, please contact your class parent.
Your students shopping time slot will be sent home via backpack.
Items for Sale include:
- Scholastic books ranging from $3 and UP!
- Our $1 gently used books will be available for purchase also. We want each child to leave with a book form the fair!
- Gift/Novelty items such as toys, light-up pens, pointers water bottles, character items and posters will only be available to purchase during Family Fun Day on Saturday November 16th from 11am-3pm. These make great holiday gifts!!
(All Scholastic books and other items are taxed so please keep this in mind when sending money with your child)
Clean your bookshelves! Donate gently used books to our $1 table. Drop off in either lobby.
Last but not least – VOLUNTEER! We need your help. It is a very rewarding day! Cashiers or shopping helpers are needed on weekdays. 1 hour time slots available. Morning hours only, generally 8:50 thru 10:50 No training needed. Cash registers are easy to learn.
Click here to sign up SIGN UP!