Yorkville Community School is a neighborhood elementary school that opened on Manhattan’s Upper East Side in September 2009. We opened our doors with four kindergarten classes, and have been adding a new grade each year. Our school is located in a neighborhood that is rich with cultural institutions, parks, historic landmarks, family run businesses and community based organizations. We pride ourselves in the relationships that we have been developing with these organizations and community businesses in order to meet the needs of our students. Each unit of study is enhanced by the meaningful connections that these amazing neighborhood sites provide our students, within and outside the classroom.
Curriculum Night is an opportunity for you to visit your child’s classroom and learn about our school curriculum, daily routines, and enrichment programs.
This is your chance to meet your teacher(s) and learn more about their plans. Teachers will offer two identical presentations enabling parents of multiple children to attend two sessions.
During this time, parents and guardians are also invited to stop by the Book Fair in the Cafeteria to shop for books.
Please join us between 5-7pm at the school. We hope to see you there.
As we begin the 2016-2017 school year, please find some quick reminders below:
- Parents/guardians will be receiving a welcome email from their children’s teacher shortly.
- September 8th is the first day of school. It is a half day for Kindergarten students (11:45 am dismissal) and a full day for First – Fifth Graders (3:00 pm dismissal for Second –Fifth grades and 2:50pm dismissal for First grade.) The school day begins at 8:40am for all grades
- All parents/guardians are automatically part of the YCS Parent Teacher Association (PTA). There is no separate enrollment and all members have a voice and voting rights.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
As parents begin the planning process for the upcoming school year, please note two key items:
- School Supply Kits: Please CLICK HERE to see the school supplies that each child is expected to bring to their classroom during the first week of school. For those families that purchased kits from Schoolkidz, your child’s supply kits will be delivered to their classroom(s).
- Medical Administration Forms: Please CLICK HERE to review the Provision Of Medications/Section 504 Accommodations for Students In New York City Public Schools.
Please direct questions to MainOffice@Yorkvillecommunityschool.org.